We typically provide Software as a Service (SaaS) to our customers, which includes the following layers.
- Networking – Internet Connection & Bandwidth w/ Disaster Recovery
- Storage – Cloud Storage
- Servers – Cloud Processing
- Virtualisation – Elastic expansion of storage, processing and bandwidth
- Operating System – Linux Operating System with MySql Database
- Middleware – Software to connect the data and application layer
- Runtime – 30+ technologies to ensure speed and scalability
- Base Applications – Application to solve a business problem (like CRM)
- Customer Customisations – Custom code to suit the specific business process of a customer.
Customers typically only interface with the mobile apps and web applications.
Refer to https://www.grenerobotics.com/post/why-do-you-call-call-your-self-a-platform for more information on PaaS vs SaaS